What an amazing honour to receive my first ever Liebster award Nomination from thistlesandwhistles. This is a chain award that i understand is given to new and upcoming bloggers to welcome them to the community of blogging. I am really humbled.
Following the same rules as thistles and whistles on their blog;
1. Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
2.Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
3. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.
I have been asked these 10 questions:
1. If you could have unlimited money for a day, how would you choose to use it?
Make sure all my family and friends were financially independent. Spend the rest of the day financially supporting all those charity organisation that help children in crisis.
2. Your favourite animal and why?
I don’t have any favourite animal. I love animals not creepy crawly insects though
3. Describe in a sentence where your dream home is. For eg. A cottage in the countryside with a clump of trees and a babbling brook nearby.
Barn home in the country with rolling hills and a creek nearby.
4. Your dream travel destination and a few things you would you like to do there.
UAE- just to see what opulence looks like.
5. The most inspiring movie/book you’ve watched or read and what it taught you.
POWDER. Taught me about tolerance and acceptance.
6. If you could have a couple of hours talking to your favourite celebrity/an inspiring person, who would it be and what would you ask them?
This is def geeky. Barbara Mcclintock . She was the first person to discover genetic mutations.Why and What i would ask her: Some Melanesians have been discovered in PNG to carry recessive genes that cause mutation in the MC1R protein.This manifests itself as red/strawberry blonde hair and light eyes. So there are people in PNG with dark skin but red/blonde hair and light eyes.I would like to ask her about sequencing of these proteins. How did it become part of the Melanesian genetic make up? I have two daughters that have strawberry blonde hair with blue eyes and one daughter with grey eyes.
7. One thing you love about yourself.
8. One thing you would like to accomplish in this lifetime.
Be in inspiration to my children
9. An unforgettable moment.
The day my life changed with children
10. Things you would like to see on television instead of _COMMERCIALS!!
The 10 questions i would like to ask is:
1. A book that changed your perspective on a topic
2. If you could have anyone alive or dead as a dinner guest, who would it be and why
3. What are you passionate about?
4. What would your dream job look like?
5. What are your pet peeves?
6. What is one think in your home you couldn’t live without?
7. What senses triggers memories, sight, sound, smell, touch or taste?
8. What would you like to be remembered for?
9. What is your all time favourite song to dance to?
10.Which do your prefer, sweets or savoury?